Thursday, June 08, 2006

free...style...love...poem.

i decided to post a poem, but since i didn't want to post some old stuff i figured i'd try and freestyle one.... wish me luck.

i'll make it a love poem...

i want a love that moves me forward.

i want a love that teaches,
reaches,
stretches,
and caresses
me.

i want a love that touches,
clutches,
envelops,
and develops
me.

i want a love,
that shower's me.
shower's me like a summer rain,
both cooling my soul,
and leaving remnants of its presence for all to see.

i want a love,
that empower's me,
emboldens me,
embeds itself in me,
a love that empties me.

i want a love that tells me when it's time to stop, look, and listen...



Peace.

10 comments:

josie said...

that was good. you must freestyle more. i actually got see someone perform that poem.

Abeni said...

you and me both:)

The Brown Blogger said...

word.

VerseOne said...

thanks ya'll. a couple of ya'll be puttin' it down on the poetry, so i definitely try and keep up.

Peace.

Brea said...

You freestyle quite well, nice poem.

nikki said...

sheeeit. :)

brwn_eyes_brwngirl said...

I like it..the best poems always come from a freestyle, cause they are candid, fresh and whats in your mind at the moment.

Peace

VerseOne said...

mos def, brwn_eyes. i find that if i spend too much time thinking on a poem it becomes a bunch of different things, just cuz i have different thoughts every day.

peace.

MZPEACH said...

Wow, I liked it. I really like that Verse.

Anonymous said...

I feel this piece!