Monday, June 19, 2006

24 hours....

I was playin this old mix tape i had the other day and it had this old track on it by Mase, called "24 Hours". On it the Lox, DMX, and Mase rap about what they would do with 24 hours left to live.

It made me think of what i would do with my last twenty-four hours, so i decided i'd share it with ya'll just in case it comes to fruition soon.

  • I'd print out my blog(s), gather my college journal, and all my poetry, then put them in a folder for my wife and children. I figure they should know as much about who i was as possible.
  • write one last blog tellin' everybody, cause i don't want folks coming here asking where i'm at, and why i ain't posted nothin' in a while. plus i'd definitely try and go meet my blogging Muse just for gp.
  • Mass email everybody in my "contacts" list an e-invite to my funeral.
  • talk to my family and let them know individually how they inspired me, and made me the person i am.
  • i'd consider converting to some religion, but i probably wouldn't.
  • I probably wouldn't waste time trying to drive around Atlanta catchin' up with people, cause most of my time would be in traffic, so i'd have a good day with the kids (videotaped), and have a real good evening with them missus (also videotaped, hopefully i remember to put in a new tape for this one).

I ain't gonna make this one of those list of people, who i require to post on their blog responses.... but i will make a list of people i'd like to see respond... and you better do it, or suffer the consequences....

Ms. Nikki, My man G, GeorgiaPeace (i mean GeorgiaPeach), Brea, NSanleeSane, Hassan, Abeni, and all the other folk who stop through my little corner of the world wide web.

Let me know if ya'll do it. so i'll be on the lookout.

Peace.

10 comments:

nikki said...

this is my week for memes, so i'm gonna do this one...maybe this is the first one i do.

lol@getting stuck in traffic. that's so true. atlanta traffic SUCKS.

The Brown Blogger said...

I got you brother.

brwn_eyes_brwngirl said...

personally if I had 24 hours...I'd probably wake up late, plan a bunch of things but knowing if I make plans that include my fam. it will result in me getting nothing done as my fam. is slow as a sloth. so I'd would just spend all day on my phone while waiting for my fam to get moving..which would result in me only doing what I wanted in the last 30 mins of life... also I'd have a party and I wouldn't tell people I was dying but I'd make plans everyday to hang out with just one person a day for the next three months..so they can all be pissed that I couldn't make our date since I'd be dead, but I would want it that way as I want people to remember me for at least three months after my death... (that's kind of twisted right?)

VerseOne said...

Nika,
i can't wait to see what your last 24 contains... maybe a certain young, well "verse'd" blogger. huh?

'preciate it Hassan... it's good to see ya'll down with participation.

brwn eyes,
yeah that is kinda twisted... but i like that. gotta give folks somethin' to remember about you! might as well be the fact that you stood them up.

Abeni said...

Invites to your funeral:)

Abeni said...

Forgot to say I did it on my blog

The Brown Blogger said...

That's my weekend project. It's going up Saturday while the rest of the blogworld sleeps.

VerseOne said...

that's whats up Hassan. keep it Nocturnal.

abeni thanks for sharing. i'm headed over there to read.

peace

Brea said...

Hmmmm. I'd spend the morning enjoying an awesome breakfast buffet with all my friends and extended family. I'm talking blueberry pancakes, omlettes, sausage, juice, fresh fruit, ect. Any and every breakfast food possible - THE WORKS. Then I'd take my immediate family, best friend, and significant other hiking. We'd spend the day enjoying nature and each other's company. Finally, we'd find a rock ledge and watch the sunset together. I could die happy with a day like that. Good idea for a post.

Nika Laqui said...

I'll get to it soon!!!

I always think the same thing when I listen to the same song....
Its sad...