Monday, April 03, 2006

Untitled joint i spoke.

These are the lyrics for a audio post i created a few days ago.


My soliloquies,
speak of tranquility.
You feelin' me?
All i ask is you be real with me,
but you instead you tend to do the opposite,
we can't chill on the boat for a day, without one of us rockin' it.
i ain't knockin' it
i'm jus sayin',
know-what-i'm-sayin'?
Must not cuz we delayin',
sprayin',
negative vibes in each other's space bubble.
can we go a whole day without lookin' in the face of trouble?
cuz we always on the News,
singin' the white man's blues,
wearing the white man's blues,
while the white man blew your dreams out the window.
have you thinkin' thats the end,
though,
the chance get slimmer,
and the tunnel light gets dimmer,
we all have God to lighten us,
and each other to enlighten us.

Peace.

6 comments:

brooklyn babe said...

Well thank you for enlighten me... with what's on your on mind.
Thanks!

Superstar Nic said...

Well said. I definitely like this!

VerseOne said...

i appreciate the kind words. i'm definitely gonna try and keep postin' my poetry. i've been off of it for so long, i'm now getting reinspired.

Peace

nikki said...

you betta represent, brotha! loved it!

Liza Valentino said...

yessir....how long have u been "off" poetry?

VerseOne said...

I appreciate the visits folks.

Peace.
Liza,
a couple of years, now. actually close to 4 now. like i said in a previous blog, relationships have sometimes stifled my creative flow.
thanks for coming through.
Peace.