Thursday, April 13, 2006

Everybody's Everything; My Own Nothing

A few posts ago Nikki posted a question asking people if they have ever had an epiphany. I did, so... "i wrote a song-about-it. wanna-here-it? here-it-go...."

"I got t'ree jobs, mon!"
Not really but that's one of my favorite In Living Color bits,
I never knew if Jamaican people found that offensive, though.

I am a husband
I am a father,
I am a lover,
I am also a brother,
I am a, so called, "good son" to my father and mother.
I am a buffer, and a rebuffer.
I am not the middle child, but
I am the child in the middle.
I am a counseler,
I am a consoler,
I am a cooler of hot heads,
I am a voice of reason,
I am a Cheerleader
I am a Loan Officer,
I am a Peace Maker,
I am a Spiritual Adviser, and
I am the Devil's advocate.

I am everybody's everything,
I am my own nothing.


Peace.

"thank-ya-very-much!"-- in living color.

5 comments:

Abeni said...

Sounds like me.my own nothing

Today is pic day on my blog

Nika Laqui said...

This is nice...I like it!

And whats this music playing?

Brea said...

Wow.

VerseOne said...

thanks ya'll.
insane, it's a beat my man made, in a minute i'm gonna put some lyrics over it. but who knew working on a track took so long?

Peace everyone.

Superstar Nic said...

Wow! That's really nice. I love it!