Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Untitled...

Back to the land of the living.
I'm back after a week off, after trying to get re-centered.

Now, *cracking my knuckles* what shall I write on today? Hmm............., Oh.

Spiritual connectivity. Let me find an inspiration piece.... Okay. I'm ready.

In my life...*scratch that* Let me see how to begin...

Backstory.

Back when I was in college I dated this female, who was physically everything a guy could ask for in a woman. We dated for 2 years and had a really good "physical" relationship, and a pretty good relationship overall. I did love her, and felt that we could have a long and happy life together.

But in the midst of those 2 years, I did have a few indescretion. Mostly because I could, or because I liked being wanted by other women aside from my girlfriend (self-esteem issues). So these indescretions were mostly chics I met somewhere, neither I nor them were interested in real relationships. I would usually meet them at a club, and just start talking to them on the dance floor. I usually didn't ask for phone numbers, but sometimes I did for the heck of it. A very small percentage of them, would I actually pursue more with, though.

Well somewhere around the beginning of year 2, my then girlfriend got an internship up in Atlanta. So I was free to roam the Tallahassee countryside looking for chics. (I admit I was a bad boyfriend at times, but trust me I'm not that bad as a husband.) One fateful day I went out, I believe by myself, since my homeboys had gone home that summer. Anyways, I go to this reggae spot, and have my eye caught by this PYT with locs doing her thing on the dancefloor. At the time I was into Locs, so most chics with them attracted me. So I drop into my "mack" mode and go and start dancing with her. We begin talking and dancin', smilin' and dancin', wipin' sweat off each other and still dancin'.

Through conversation I find out that she's from Atlanta, a law school student taking classes a FSU. It was probably the most I'd ever conversed with a female in the club at one time. We basically talk and danced together all night. I was excited. Here was the woman I had written about in my journal; here lips, her style, her energy, her mentality.

She was right there! And where was I?

In a "loving" relationship. Not a good place to be when find a soulmate.

I would find out later that night that she was only here for a one week seminar... and it was her first day in town. So, I'd have 5 days.

  • Will VerseOne leave his physically strong relationship for a mental one?
  • Will he take the chance of starting something that can't be finished?
  • Will the fact that his girlfriend is interning in Atlanta, and the PYT is visiting from Atlanta come in to play?
  • VerseOne now lives in Atlanta with his wife, who has Locs, is that a coincidence?

Tune in tomorrow....

Peace.

4 comments:

nikki said...

OH SNAP...YOU GOTTA FINISH THIS NOW.

Brea said...

That's messed up - how are you going to leave us hanging?

brooklyn babe said...

Oh I'll chime in here... ATL women met... ha!
That's so cold you left us hanging, but that's cool, I gotta go back to work... I mean start... lol

Anonymous said...

I'll be back tomorrow to read what happened.

Thanks for stopping by my place. I'll be back